Position Title: Senior Coordinator, Transaction Acceleration Group
Supervisor: Deputy Director, Transaction Acceleration Group
Department/Division: Transaction Acceleration Group
Hours: 40 hours workweek (exempt)
Location: Washington, DC, Boulder/Denver, CO or remote
Salary range: $52,000 – $84,760
This position will support a growing program area within CEBA’s Transaction Acceleration Group and contribute to the Clean Energy Buyers Institute’s work to bring new energy customers into the voluntary clean energy movement, enabling greater C&I activation towards a 90% decarbonized grid. This team is focused on solving market barriers currently limiting access to the C&I clean energy market and working with energy customers and other stakeholders to develop targeted solutions that can be demonstrated and deployed at scale.
The Senior Coordinator will be responsible for projects, tasks, deliverables, and communications that support the team, including coordination and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, performing analysis and research that underpins programmatic work, supporting and participating in workshops and events, developing external deliverables in coordination with the Strategic Communications team, and tracking and reporting key performance indicators.
A strong candidate will bring a high level of organizational skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively, and professional communication skills.
- Team support: provide research and administrative support to the team, including participation in key meetings, notetaking, and helping drive follow-ups and action items to completion.
- Written and visual communication: contribute to presentations, blogs, website updates, and leadership thought pieces in coordination with team and the Strategic Communications department.
- Cross-functional collaboration: serve as a liaison between different teams, departments, and external stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and workflow to foster cohesion and connection.
- Event support: provide logistical support for workshops, meetings, webinars, and other discussions to advance programmatic goals, including coordinating event logistics, tracking attendance, and facilitating related communications.
- Documentation: create and maintain project documentation, research knowledgebase, and program records, ensuring accuracy and accessibility for future reference.
- Process improvement: identify opportunities for process improvement and develop and implement streamlined procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of experience or 2+ years of experience and Bachelor’s degree
- Results driver: strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and precision in all tasks and deliverables and exceptional organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritizing responsibilities when conflicting demands arise
- Critical thinker: ability to contribute to insightful analyses using qualitative and quantitative approaches, asking probing questions, and demonstrating problem-solving skills to identify issues and propose effective solutions
- Impactful communicator : excellent communication skills including the ability to listen actively and effectively, and present key points clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing to different stakeholders
- Team partner : ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment, build positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, identify risks and challenges, and proactively solicit/provide constructive feedback and support.
- Change champion: willingness to support new initiatives, flexibility to adjust priorities when new information is presented, and capacity to handle unexpected challenges in a fast-paced work environment.
- Technical experience: proficiency with MS Office Suite; e xperience with ArcGIS and project management tools (ex. Monday.com) preferred; knowledge of electricity markets and corporate and industrial clean energy procurement preferred
- Mission aligned: shared passion for CEBA’s bold ambition for a 90% carbon-free electricity system and commitment to CEBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Communicate in written form with great facility
To be considered for this opportunity, please provide a resume and cover letter.
O ur Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world-class team by holistically supporting the individual. CEBA also offers eligibility to participate in our annual bonus/ incentive plan based on both organizational and individual performance. CEBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in CEBA’s success.
CEBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at CEBA— not based on a candidate ’ s negotiation skills , gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
Benefits We Offer You
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Re-charge Friday, once a month to encourage work life integration
- Annual L&D Stipend to spend at your learning leisure
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy, including domestic partners
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental and Guardianship Leave
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment, with flexible hours
- Earned sabbatical policy
- Employee Assistance Program
At CEBA You Belong
Our members come from all walks of life and so do we. Our commitment to a zero-carbon energy system is for everyone and so too is our workplace.
CEBA is committed to maintaining a workplace where all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at CEBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All CEBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems are fostered by respectful challenging of one another ’ s thoughts and assumptions. CEBA is committed to being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases so we can counteract them.
Achieving CEBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; CEBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
About Clean Energy Buyers Alliance
Together, the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) form the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance , and share a collective vision of customer-driven clean energy for all . The Alliance is an inclusive community of energy customers, clean energy providers, service providers, NGOs, philanthropies, and clean energy thought-leaders. Our aspiration is to achieve a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030 and to cultivate a global community of energy customers driving clean energy.
The Clean Energy Buyers Association is a business association with a mission to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system. The Clean Energy Buyers Institute is a public benefit charity with a mission dedicated to solving the toughest market and policy barriers to achieving a carbon-free energy system.
Our guiding values and tenets are: we value respect in our treatment of people and the planet; integrity in how we conduct ourselves; service to our mission, stakeholders, and colleagues; and excellence in our programs and work. The core tenets that CEBA strives to foster include: Mission oriented, grounded by strategy, a spirit of partnership inside and outside of CEBA and innovation and entrepreneurship through healthy and respectful discord. We know that diversity is critical to realizing our vision of customer-driven clean energy for all because innovative solutions come from great minds who do not think alike.
CEBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present, or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.