Due to growth in our programs, we are adding a Loan Officer to our team. The Loan Officer is responsible for processing home improvement financing applications for the Lending Center of the Center for Energy and Environment. This includes reviewing income, credit, property value, project eligibility and determining what program is the best for the applicant. This position provides core support to the participants of the Lending Center. As a function of overall program assistance, this position may also assist with overflow work assigned from other departments and programs within CEE.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions to help homeowners, businesses, and communities cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We’re curious, lifelong learners who value the well-being of the communities we live in and serve. We invite open-door communications and respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, with an emphasis on work-life balance. Our great culture has resulted in being named one of the Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
- Ensure compliance with CEE’s regulatory and investor guidelines, as well as customer service standards
- Provide outreach regarding CEE’s lending products to partner organizations, community members and interested parties
- Work closely with homeowners to process loan applications and determine the best program available
- Review all loan documentation for adherence to CEE’s product and program guidelines
- Must be able to calculate income, debt ratio, home equity and review consumer credit reports
- Schedule and execute loan closings as needed
- Assist in staffing phone lines
- Provides excellent customer service when working with customers and business contacts
- Attend trade shows and other community events to promote programs
- At least 20 hours of training/continuing education annually
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience as a loan officer or loan processor
- Work professionally with co-workers, clients and contractors
- Working knowledge of the entire loan origination process: processing, underwriting and closing
- Well versed in lending laws, regulations and compliance
- Knowledge of Loan Origination software
- Perform duties accurately, honestly and timely
- Understanding and compliance to corporate policies and procedures
- Must have basic computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Working hours are during CEE’s business hours, but evenings and weekends may be required
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Depending on skills and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position will be $26 to $27/hr.
Center for Energy and Environment seeks to enrich the diversity of the CEE community and encourages applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. CEE is long noted for its research, policy advocacy and programming to provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)