But we’re more than a leading energy company… and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Hybrid Role: Must be able to come on-site periodically and reside a commutable distance from the assigned work location.
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Leads data integration and analytics projects that support data collection, automation, transformation, storage, delivery, and reporting processes. Serves as senior advisor for large business unit or enterprise-level data projects. Optimizes data retrieval and processing, including performance tuning, delivery design for down-stream analytics, machine learning modeling (including feature engineering), and reporting. Mentors less-experienced team members Span of control: 0; individual contributor.
- Leads data engineering projects and collaborates with stakeholders to formulate end-to-end solutions, including data structure design to feed downstream analytics, machine learning modeling, feature engineering, prototype development, and reporting
- Develops complex data sets and automated pipelines that support data requirements for process improvement and operational efficiency metrics
- Designs and implements data process pipelines in on-premise or Cloud platforms required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from multiple data sources
- Builds reporting and visualizations that utilize data pipeline to provide actionable insights into compliance rates, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Designs and implements effective testing strategies for data pipelines and processing methods
- Deploys and automates Machine Learning Models in a data environment (e.g., SQL server, Cloud platform, on-premise servers and machines), including workflow orchestration, scheduling and advanced data processing implementation, and data delivery tools
- Educates leaders and other employees on complex data and analytical findings in basic terms and with storytelling and data visualization
- Researches and maintains industry best practices for data engineering practices and solutions
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a dual-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following two options:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Econometrics, etc.) and 7 years of experience working in a data engineering, data analytical or computer programming function; OR
- Master’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Econometrics, etc.) and 5 years of experience working in a data engineering, data analytical or computer programming function
- Business domain knowledge
- Database design and query optimization experience
- Advanced-level programming skills in structured query language (e.g., SQL, Java, Python, etc.)
- Advanced ability in articulating business questions and pulling data from relational databases
- Advanced-level proficiency in business intelligence tools and data blending tools (e.g., Microsoft Power Platform, Power BI, etc.)
- Advanced-level proficiency with Big Data platforms, including data extraction and connection to platforms for analytics
- Ability to adapt to software platforms for retrieving, analyzing, sharing, and visualizing data
- Ability to identify optimal analytical tools based on problem requirements
- Analytical, problem solving, planning, and decision-making skills, with ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions
- Advances self and other’s knowledge in business processes, new analytical frameworks, and data-driven technologies and applications
- Ability to communicate technical information and complex data analytics to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner (in both verbal and written form)
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.